Venereal diseases – is a disease transmitted through sexual contact. Some of them are known to mankind for hundreds of years, while others are relatively new. They also differ in their prevalence and danger. The following is a list of the 10 most common sexually transmitted diseases, which will start with the most common , but no less dangerous.
1. Ureaplasmosis. Asymptomatic carriers of venereal disease are about 70% of sexually active men and women. Infection occurs primarily through sexual contact, but it is also possible in a domestic environment. Symptoms in men are clear discharge, a slight burning sensation when urinating, symptoms of prostatitis. In women ureaplasmosis causes abdominal pain (with inflammation of internal genital organs), vaginal discharge and burning during urination. In men can become a complication ureaplasmosis – prostatitis, in women – infertility and ectopic pregnancy.
2. Papillomavirus infection. According to some reports, from this venereal disease affects about 40% of women. Externally, it is manifested in the formation of genital warts. Not so long ago it became known, that human papillomavirus infection – a viral disease that can be a precursor to cervical cancer.
3. Genitalny herpes. This venereal disease occurs with a frequency of from 7 to 30%. Manifested in the formation of bubbles on the skin and mucous membranes. In some cases, herpes can affect the nervous system.
4. Gonoreya. The incidence of gonorrhea among women under 30 years is about 15%. Pathogenic effect of gonococci (causative agents of the disease) have predominantly on the genital mucosa. The disease can occur in an acute or in a chronic form. In men in the acute form may pus, mucus, feeling of “tickling”, “broken glass” when urinating. Perhaps inflammation of the urethra and epididymis of the testis, the defeat of the bladder and kidneys. External genitals become swollen and inflamed. In women, the symptoms are similar.
5. Hlamidioz. Chlamydia, according to various estimates, suffer from 5 to 15% of sexually mature and sexually active population. Symptoms in women is burning and itching of the vulva, discharge with an unpleasant smell and a yellowish tinge. Perhaps a slight rise in temperature. Symptoms in men are back pain, scrotum, testicles and the urethra. Possible itching and blurred urine.
- Urogenital trichomoniasis. In general, the number of infections, sexually transmitted infections is about 10%. The disease is dangerous in that the area is not only defeat the genitourinary system, but also the tonsils, conjunctiva eyes and even the lungs. In women, patients with this disease have pain during sexual intercourse, vaginal discharge and itching. In men – symptoms of prostatitis and urethral discharge.
- Cytomegalovirus infection. The frequency of 0.2 – 2.5%. Full recovery from the infection do not occurs, the virus can only go in a latent form and expect a decrease in immunity, during which again manifest itself. Is found in all body fluids. May cause retinitis leading to blindness. Particularly dangerous for children.
- Syphilis. According to the disease affects less than 1% of the world population. It is associated with lesions of the skin, mucous membranes, nervous system and bones. The disease is caused by Treponema pallidum. We distinguish several stages of syphilis. If untreated, the disease leads to significant changes in a person’s appearance, and ultimately death.
- HIV infection. According to official figures hit 0.2% of the population of the planet. HIV attacks the immune system of the body, and does not allow it to effectively resist infections. HIV infected person can for several years did not know about the disease, as it is in the early asymptomatic, but they can infect healthy people. Medicine and prevention HIV are not yet developed, but in this direction actively conducting research.
- lymphogranuloma venereum. Extremely rare, mainly brought tourists from Asian countries. Externally, the disease manifests itself in the formation of erosions, vesicles and ulcers on the genitals affected. Called one of the views of Chlamydia.
Prevention of venereal diseases
Reduce the possibility of infection with sexually transmitted is possible. It is recommended to have a regular sexual partner, avoid casual sex, with uncertainty in the sexual partner should use contraception. After casual sex without using a condom you can hold emergency prevention of sexually transmitted diseases, it must be done no later than 2 hours after intercourse. The drugs used for this purpose include Generic Atripla (Efavirenz+emtricitabine+tenofovir), Generic Combivir (Lamivudine – Zidovudine), Generic Truvada (Tenofovir Emtricitabine), Generic Viread (Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate) and others (which you can buy online through the Internet that will cost you cheap or with good discounts). After that you should see a doctor to conduct a survey on the infection, sexually transmitted diseases, and, if necessary, destination therapy. You should always remember that no barrier method or means of emergency prevention can not guarantee 100% protection from infection, sexually transmitted, but significantly reduce the risk of infection.