Thanks to the massive advertising of Viagra, Cialis and other ED remedies, the world community was significantly concerned about the prevalence of the problem and men’s not paying enough attention to their sexual health. Meanwhile, about a third of men face this problem after reaching the age of forty, many may have impotence even at a younger age, and with age, the risk of erectile dysfunction increases. Often men turn to Viagra and other similar drugs to solve this intimate problem, however, it should be borne in mind that medications do not cure but only treat diseases. For a deeper struggle, there are also other methods, including exercise and even a complex of asanas.
Scientific Evidence of Yoga Benefits for the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
As stated by V. Dhikav et al. (The Journal of Sexual Medicine, 2010) yogic procedures are beneficial for all domains of sexual functions in males.
There is also another study showing the indirect positive effect of yoga on the prevention and treatment of erectile dysfunction, because it is known that erection disorders often appear against the background of the development of cardiovascular diseases. Indian Healers Association published the results of a study in which 42 volunteers with angina pectoris participated. They were required to follow a diet, exercise moderately and do yoga with a qualified trainer. After 12 months, all participants of the experiment had a reduction in angina attacks, their cholesterol level and weight decreased, and their general well-being improved.
A good article: What Happens When You Take Viagra for the First Time?
Asanas Against Erectile Dysfunction (with Images)
This asana is also known as leaning forward while sitting. The pose allows you to relieve tension in the pelvic area, which accumulates during prolonged sitting, thereby improving blood circulation in this area. It soothes and relieves anxiety. You can see this pose in the picture below.
Standing Forward Bend (Uttanasana)
This position is similar to the previous one, but you need to lean forward from a standing position. This asana is very popular in all styles of yoga. This intense stretching of the back surface of the legs allows you to lengthen the cramped muscles, relieve nervous tension, give the heart muscle rest, improves digestion and stimulates the internal organs. Many yoga experts believe that the pose is effective in case of male infertility.
Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana)
Baddha Konasana is another asana beneficial for men’s health. Together with the extension of the inner thighs and groin, it stimulates the prostate gland, kidneys and bladder.
In India, this asana is known as the ‘shoemaker’s pose’. There, men of this profession sit on the ground all day, folding their legs in the shape of a butterfly. Thanks to this pose, normal circulation of the pelvic organs is provided, which is highly important in sedentary conditions.
Other Important Recommendations
- Yoga experts recommend performing a set of exercises with a partner. This will contribute to their intimacy, which will undoubtedly have a positive effect on the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- The best time for yoga is the early morning or late evening, but if you are more comfortable doing exercises at other times, this would not be a problem.
- You should practice yoga barefoot on a non-slip surface. A rug is an inappropriate solution because your legs will slide over it.
- Do yoga on an empty stomach: 4 hours after a heavy meal or 2-3 hours after a light meal. This will provide proper endurance; it will also be easier for you to perform exercises.
- Use a dry towel during workout, it will be useful not only for wiping sweat, it can also be put under the head during performing lying asanas.