Drug Information: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings
Category: Â Antibiotics
Generic Floxin is in a group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. The drag used to treat bacterial infections that cause bronchitis, pneumonia, chlamydia, gonorrhea, skin infections, urinary tract infections, etc.
The main ingredient: Ofloxacin
The Latin name of the substance Ofloxacin
Ofloxacinum (genus. Ofloxacini)
Quinolones / fluoroquinolones
Nosological classification (ICD-10):
A16 Respiratory tuberculosis, not confirmed bacteriologically or histologically
A41.9 Septicaemia, unspecified
A49.9 Bacterial infection, unspecified
A54.9 Gonococcal infection, unspecified
A56 Other chlamydial disease, sexually transmitted infections
A74 Other diseases caused by chlamydia
A74.0 Chlamydial conjunctivitis
A74.9 Chlamydial infection, unspecified
H00.0 Gordeolum and other deep inflammation of the eyelids
Antibacterial fluoroquinolones group II generation. Odorless, bitter taste. It is slightly soluble in water and alcohol. The molecular weight is of 361.4.
Has a wide range of actions. Floxin Affects mainly on gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms some. Floxin Effective: against microorganisms resistant to most antibiotics and sulfa drugs. It isPossible cross-resistance of bacteria to ofloxacin and others. Fluoroquinolones. The spectrum of action includes: E. coli, Salmonella spp., Enterobacter spp., Serratia spp., Citrobacter spp., Yersinia spp., Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus ducreyi, Proteus mirabilis, Proteus vulgaris, Pseudomonas spp., Including Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter spp., Aeromonas hydrophilia, Bordetella parapertussis, Bordetella pertussis, Klebsiella spp., Including Klebsiella pneumoniae, Moraxella (Branhamella) catarrhalis, Morganella morganii, Providencia spp., Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria meningitidis, Shigella sonnei, Helicobacter pylori, Mycoplasma spp., Ureaplasma urealyticum, Vibrio spp., Gardnerella vaginalis, Chlamydia spp., Legionella pneumophila, Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., Enterococcus faecalis, Listeria monocytogenes, Propionibacterium acnes, Clostridium perfringens, Mycobacterium tuberculosis (including multidrug-resistant strains).
– The drug enters the cell (white blood cells, alveolar macrophages) of most organs and tissues
– A high concentration in the urine, bile, saliva, sputum, prostatic secretions, kidney, liver, gall bladder, skin, lung,
– The drug passes through the blood-brain barrier and the placenta.
– In the liver (about 5%) is converted to N-oxide and ofloxacin demetilofloksatsin.
– The drug is excreted mainly by the kidneys in unchanged form (80-90%);
– A small fraction of the drug is excreted in the bile, feces, breast milk (extrarenal clearance is less than 20%).
– The drug is found in the urine within 20-24 hours.
– In diseases of the liver and / or renal excretion may be delayed.
– Re-appointment does not lead to accumulation.
When should you take Generic Floxin?
Infectious-inflammatory diseases caused by susceptible microorganisms:
– Respiratory tract infections (such as pneumonia, bronchitis, exacerbation) of upper respiratory tract (sinusitis, pharyngitis, otitis media, laryngitis, tracheitis), skin and soft tissues, bones and joints, abdominal, pelvic, kidney and urinary tract (pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis)
– Infections of the genital organs (including gonorrhea, prostatitis)
– Chlamydial infections, septicemia, tuberculosis (in the complex therapy), prevention of infections in immunocompromised patients.
– Floxin is used in ophthalmology: bacterial corneal ulcers, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, meybomit, dacryocystitis.
– Medicine used in the treatment of: keratitis, chlamydial eye infection, prevention of infectious complications in the postoperative period after surgery for removal of a foreign body and eye injury.
– ENT practice: This is used in the treatment of acute and chronic bacterial and external otitis media, otitis media with perforation of the eardrum;
– Used in the prevention of infectious complications in surgical interventions.
When you can not use these pills?
If you have:
– Hypersensitivity (including to other fluoroquinolones, quinolones)
– Epilepsy (including history), the functions of the central nervous system to decrease the threshold of convulsive readiness (including after traumatic brain injury, stroke, inflammatory processes in the CNS) defeat the tendons at the previously held the treatment of fluoroquinolones, age 18 years (not yet completed skeletal growth).
– Local forms: chronic non-bacterial conjunctivitis or otitis media.
From the digestive tract: Common: dyspepsia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, abdominal pain, dry mouth. Sometimes: transient increase in bilirubin and liver enzymes in the blood plasma, hepatitis, jaundice, goiter, pseudomembranous colitis.
From the nervous system and sensory organs: Common: dizziness, headache, insomnia, anxiety. Sometimes: speed reduction reactions, agitation, increased intracranial pressure, tremors, convulsions, nightmares, hallucinations, psychosis, paresthesia, phobias. Rare: incoordination, taste, smell, vision, diplopia, color vision disorders, loss of consciousness.
Cardio-vascular system and blood (blood, hemostasis): cardiovascular collapse, hemolytic and aplastic anemia, thrombocytopenia, including thrombocytopenic purpura, leukopenia, neutropenia, agranulocytosis, pancytopenia.
With the genitourinary system may be: acute interstitial nephritis, a violation of renal excretory function with increased levels of urea and creatinine, vaginitis.
Allergic reactions, such as skin rash, itching, angioedema, including laryngeal, pharyngeal, facial, vocal cords. Also: bronchospasm, urticaria, erythema multiforme exudative. Rare: Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, anaphylaxis.
Other: hypoglycemia (in patients with diabetes), vasculitis, tendonitis, myalgia, arthralgia, superinfection, photosensitization.
When used in ophthalmology: patients feel a burning sensation and discomfort in the eyes, redness, itching, and dryness of the conjunctiva, photophobia, lacrimation; rarely – dizziness, nausea.
After instillation into the ear canal: itching in the ear canal feeling bitter taste in the mouth; rarely – systemic reactions (eczema, dizziness, noise and ear pain, dryness of the oral mucosa).
Symptoms: drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, disorientation, lethargy, confusion.
Treatment: gastric lavage, maintenance of vital functions.
Buy Generic Floxin is possible only by prescription. Buy Generic Floxin is cheaper if you use a coupon or discount card. Order medication online and save up to 80%.
Prices for 1-6 ear dropper 5-10ml of generic ofloxacin 0.3-0.5%
Buy FloxinÂ No Prescription inÂ pharmacy onlineÂ Â«Together Rx AccessÂ».