Drug Information: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings
Generic Deltasone is used to provide relief for inflamed areas of the body. It lesses swelling, redness, itching and allergic reactions. It is often used as part of the treatment for a number of different diseases, such as severe allergies or skin problems, asthma, arthritis, etc.
Brand(s): Peesol / Omnacortil / Picsolone
Manufacturer: Lycon Healthcare / Macleods / PCI
Generic Deltasone has a pronounced anti-inflammatory action.
The drug inhibits the development of the symptoms of inflammation. It inhibits the accumulation of macrophages, other leukocytes and inflammatory cells into the area.
With prolonged use of the drug may fat redistribution.
The mode set individually depending on the evidence, the effectiveness of therapy and the patient’s condition.
The risk of overdosing increases with prolonged use of prednisolone, especially in high doses.
Symptoms: increased blood pressure, peripheral edema; moreover may increase side effects.
Treatment: temporarily stop taking the drug or reduce the dose.
With short-term use of prednisone (and other corticosteroids) side effects are rare. When applying prednisolone for a long time may develop following side effects.
From the water-electrolyte balance: a delay in the body of sodium and fluids, hypokalemia, alkalosis gipokaliemichesky, increased blood pressure, circulatory failure.
On the part of the musculoskeletal system: muscle weakness, steroid myopathy, loss of muscle mass, osteoporosis, compression fracture of the spine, aseptic necrosis of the femoral head and shoulder bones, pathological fractures of long bones.
From the digestive system: steroid ulcer with possible perforation and hemorrhage, pancreatitis, flatulence, ulcerative esophagitis, indigestion, nausea, increased appetite.
Dermatological reactions: skin atrophy, striae, acne, delayed wound healing, thinning of the skin, petechiae, bruising, erythema, increased sweating, allergic dermatitis, urticaria, angioedema.
CNS and peripheral nervous system: increased intracranial pressure syndrome stagnant nipples optic nerve (occurs most often in children, after too rapid dose reduction, the symptoms – headache, blurry vision, double vision); cramps, dizziness, headache, sleep disturbances.
On the part of the endocrine status: secondary adrenal and hypothalamic-pituitary insufficiency (especially during stressful situations: illness, injury, surgery); Cushing’s syndrome, growth suppression in children, menstrual disorders, hyperglycemia, glycosuria, decreased carbohydrate tolerance, manifestation of latent diabetes mellitus and increased need for insulin or oral hypoglycemic agents in patients with diabetes mellitus, hirsutism.
On the part of the organ of vision: posterior subcapsular cataracts, increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, exophthalmos.
On the part of the psychic sphere: often occur within the first 2 weeks of treatment, the symptoms can mimic schizophrenia, mania, delirium syndrome; most likely to develop mental disorders, women and patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
From the Metabolic: negative nitrogen balance (as a result of protein catabolism).
From the laboratory parameters: increase in the number of leukocytes (20,000 / ml) decrease in the number of lymphocytes and monocytes, increase or decrease in the number of platelets, increased calcium concentration in blood and in urine, an increase in total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, serum triglycerides, increase concentration 17 glucocorticoids and 17-ketosteroids in urine, reducing capture labeled technetium bone tissue and tumor tissue of the brain, reducing the capture of labeled iodine by the thyroid gland; relaxation response in allergic skin tests and the tuberculin skin test.
Other: anaphylactic reactions, hypersensitivity reactions; obliterating arteritis, weight gain, fainting.
Indications for use:
– Endocrinological diseases:
– Failure of the adrenal cortex: primary (Addison’s disease) and secondary;
– Adrenogenital syndrome (congenital adrenal hyperplasia);
– Acute adrenocortical insufficiency;
– Before surgery and in severe diseases and injuries in patients with adrenal insufficiency;
– Subacute thyroiditis.
Severe allergic disease resistant to other therapies:
– Contact dermatitis;
– Atopic dermatitis;
– Serum sickness;
– Hypersensitivity reactions to drugs;
– Permanent or seasonal allergic rhinitis;
– Anaphylactic reaction;
– Rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (in the case of resistance to other therapies);
– Psoriatic arthritis;
– Ankylosing spondylitis;
– Acute gouty arthritis;
– Acute rheumatic fever;
– Myocarditis (including rheumatic);
– Systemic lupus erythematosus;
– Mezoarteriit granulomatous giant cell;
– Systemic scleroderma;
– Periarteritis nodosa;
– Relapsing polychondritis;
– Polymyalgia rheumatica (Horton’s disease);
– Systemic vasculitis.
Circulatory system diseases:
– Exfoliative dermatitis;
– Bullous dermatitis herpetiformis;
– Severe seborrheic dermatitis;
– Severe erythema multiforme (Stevens-Johnson syndrome);
– Mycosis fungoides;
– Severe psoriasis;
– Severe eczema;
– Acquisition of autoimmune hemolytic anemia;
– Congenital aplastic anemia;
– Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura) in adults;
– Alcoholic hepatitis with encephalopathy;
– Chronic active hepatitis.
Hypercalcemia of malignancy or sarcoidosis.
Inflammatory joint diseases:
– Acute and subacute bursitis;
– Acute tenosynovitis;
– Post-traumatic osteoarthritis.
– Acute and chronic leukaemias;
– Breast cancer;
– Prostate cancer;
– Multiple myeloma.
– Tuberculous meningitis with subarachnoid block;
– Multiple sclerosis exacerbation;
– Myasthenia gravis.
Eye disease (severe acute and chronic allergic and inflammatory processes):
– Heavy sluggish front and posterior uveitis;
– Optic neuritis;
– Sympathetic ophthalmia.
– Bronchial asthma;
– Loffler’s syndrome;
– Symptomatic sarcoidosis;
– Lightning or disseminated pulmonary tuberculosis (TB in combination with chemotherapy);
– Chronic pulmonary emphysema (resistant to treatment aminophylline and beta-agonists).
– When transplanting organs and tissues for the prevention and treatment of graft rejection (in combination with other immunosuppressive drugs).
– Systemic fungal infections;
– Hypersensitivity to the drug.
How to buy Generic Deltasone?
You can buyÂ Deltasone at a pharmacy or order online. At purchase, you will need a prescription.
How to Buy Generic Deltasone cheap?
You can have a discount of up to 80% when using a coupon or discount cards.
Â Â Buy DeltasoneÂ No Prescription inÂ pharmacy onlineÂ Â«Together Rx AccessÂ».