Osteoporosis — is quite common ailment that usually attacks older people. A huge percent of people over 50 years have this disease. Why is there pain in the bones in osteoporosis? Because of illness develop pathological processes affecting bone structure.
The mineral component begins to decrease, which leads to a thinning of the bone plate, the porosity of cancellous bone. Bone structure begins to deform. The plates are gradually disappearing, which leads to the fact that the bones become more susceptible to load.
Causes of osteoporosis
Osteoporosis occurs for two reasons: problems with calcium and phosphorus metabolism and fast destruction, but slow recovery, bone structures. Bone structures are constantly being updated, and special cells of the body responsible for the process of destruction of the old fabric and the emergence of a layout update.
Sometimes, however, the cells responsible for the recovery processes, are beginning to work more slowly, and the processes of destruction prevail. This occurs for two main reasons:
- The age factor. After 40 years, the body copes worse with regenerative functions. Even when fully health in bone will be observed the changes;
- Wrong way of life. The disease can cause low mobility, bad habits, poor nutrition, menopause, diseases of the digestive system, breaking the calcium-phosphorus metabolism processes;
The symptoms usually appear later, when the process has already scored striking force. Symptoms depend on the degree of destruction of bone structures:
- At the first stage, there are irregular pain in the spine, arms and legs, worsening of muscle tone;
- In the second stage, pain in bone in osteoporosis become constant, due to problems with the spine occurs stoop;
- In the third stage, when the bone is already subjected to considerable damage, observed incorrect posture, constant pain in the spine, reduction in growth.
Most often, osteoporosis is detected at later stages, when for patient is difficult to help. However, medical advances allow suspend the course of the disease and prevent fractures.
For this reason, people who have reached 40 years, are recommended to be examined for osteoporosis to detect the disease in time. At the first stage it is advisable to consult a doctor, a rheumatologist. Additional observation of bones on osteoporosis, for example, densitometry, can help detect the disease in a timely manner.
Treatment of osteoporosis is necessarily should be comprehensive. It is generally include calcium and vitamin D. These drugs are basic. Vitamin D improves the absorption of calcium. It is produced in the time spent under the sun, and therefore for person may be recommended sunbathing or ultraviolet irradiation. Calcium is also the main component of bone tissue. For the patient also may be appointed the phosphorus.
In order to defeat the bone disease osteoporosis, prescribers the preparation, stimulates the work of cells, responsible for bone regeneration, and inhibit the activity of cells responsible for the destruction of structures.
Treatment of osteoporosis may include the following groups of drugs:
- This hormone improves the supply of blood calcium in bone tissue, as well as suspend the process of destruction of structures, affecting the body’s cells. It is indicated for the first or second stage of the disease;
- Impact on cells responsible for bone destruction. Cells die, and because of this resorption of bone structures suspended;
- Appoint for women. Normalize the recovery process and reduce the fracture processes. Usually assigned to women with hysterectomy to avoid potential malignancies ( such as Generic Evista (Raloxifene), Generic Boniva (Ibandronae Sodium), Generic Estrace (Estradiol) and others which you can buy online through the Internet that will cost you cheap or with good discounts.
How to treat osteoporosis? As already mentioned, the treatment should be comprehensive. So, you have found the osteoporosis: Treatment of folk remedies can help speed up the recovery process, but this method should always be combined with medication.
Auxiliary treatments include:
- physical therapy;
- Admission of fresh fruit and vegetable juices;
- Increase in the diet of dairy products, vegetables, cereals;
- Refusal of bad habits;
- Reducing consumption of coffee;
- Calcium intake.
The extremely important is a special diet. Be sure to establish enough intake of calcium in the body.
In conclusion, we can say that the best treatment for the disease — a preventive measure, timely check of bone on osteoporosis, provision of calcium in the body.